[jja-announce] Sat in NO w/photogs,

Jazzmandel@aol.com Jazzmandel@aol.com
Sat, 26 Apr 2003 10:45:04 EDT

the point of that little social paragraph I sent yesterday  (which went out
too soon, before I was finished, sorry -- that's Syndey Byrd, of course, and
both the unrelated Saltzmans are Saltzmans) was to ask you to please vote at
Jazzhouse.org in the 7th Annual Jazz Awards -- for which we've scheduled some
musicians to perform: the David Hazeltine Quartet, Judi Silvano/James
Williams "Mal Waldronn Tribute," and The New Jazz Composers Octet. Anticipate
surprise guests. You might want to reserve your $20 tix (up to five of them),
soon. Ccharge card at <A HREF="http://www.JazzJournalistsAwards.com">Jazz
Journalists Awards .com</A>  (ours, thanks to Jazzcorner.com) or link to the
order form directly from the ballot -- or check made out to JJA sent to AJ
SMith, 436 State St. Brooklyn, NY 11217.

Today (Sat. April 26) I've learned that JJA photog Skip Bolen and
non-affiliated Steven Forster are exhibiting their jazz photography , Sat.,
in New Orleans at the John Stinson Gallery, 900 S. Peters., 6 to 9 p.m.
They're holding a silent auction to benefit the New Orleans Musicians Clinic,
which, by the way, is affiliated w/the Jazz Foundation of America,  JJA's
Awards benefitee. The photo show continues at the Stinson gallery for a few
weeks, but tonight might yet be a latched-on JJA event.

please vote. Polls close May 1.

Pres. "Second Line" Mandel