[jja-announce] Email notification

Eric Alan erical@iafrica.com
Tue Jul 15 20:54:00 EDT 2003

Dumela Folks's

I've just been invited to present a=A05 hour music radio show on Cape =
Talk 567 in the Cape and 702 Radio in Gauteng and Natal (the only music =
show on the respective stations) on Saturday July 19, from 19h00 to =
24h00 South African time. So, should you find yourself at a loose end, =
not doing a gig or wish to stay at home on the Saturday Night/Day (which =
I hope you will) and listen and perhaps call in on the show in it would =
be great. You can tune in via the internet at =
http://www.702.co.za/listenlive/

This is a trial show for me and hopefully this will lead to a regular =
Saturday night gig on the stations. There is no name for the show just =
yet but that will come with the second show. My current station Fine =
Music Radio has no problem with me doing the show on an ongoing basis as =
does Cape Talk 567 / 702 Radio. What is exiting is that it's a national =
show broadcasting around the country as well as internationally via the =
web address mentioned above.

I hope you'll be able to join me on the night/day depending on your time =
zone. The On-Air Studio telephone number is +27 21-480-9567 should you =
wish to give me a call.

Here's some of what you can expect during the show:

There will be a wide range of music that should please the Cape Talk/702 =
listeners. The repertoire would include a mixture of classic, =
mainstream, contemporary jazz of drawn from the ages and would include =
music covering various timelines of the jazz with a strong focus on =
vocal jazz. South African music would be included as the last few years =
have shown a huge growth in the quality and quantity of S. A. music, =
which I'm personally very proud of.=20

The program in future will include some musical trivia, an entertainment =
guide for the week ahead for both the Cape, Gauteng and Natal areas, =
special features such as an Artist or Album of the Week, Birthdays fro =
the week ahead, Wacky Word of the Week , Weekly Humourscope, Songfacts, =
current music news and other listener friendly interactive features.=20

Further focus would be given to the S. A. music community and also music =
education, which has ways been under great pressure. Music promoters, =
musicians and other guests connected to the entertainment industry would =
be invited for interviews on the program from time to time. In other =
words a show for musicians. I have total free choice of the music that =
will be played, lucky devil ain't I.

Hope to see you on the wireless on Saturday and I'm looking forward to =
hearing from you soon

Ta
See it . with your own ears
Regards
Yours in Music
Eric Alan

Postal Address: Postnet Suite 261, Private Bag X16, Constantia, 7848. =
Cape Town, South Africa
Phone Work: 27-(0) 21-425-6300 Phone Mobil: 27-(0) 21-82-456-2195 Phone =
Home:  27-(0) 2-683-9845
Email Private: erical@iafrica.com Email Work: ew4@cdwherehouse.co.za

JAZZ SECTION LEADER,=A0CD WHEREHOUSE, V & A Waterfront, Cape Town, South =
Africa
Radio Show Host: "JUST ANOTHER SATURDAY NIGHT" (Current Programme name) =
on Cape Talk 567/702 Radio
Radio Show Host: "JAZZ RENDEZVOUS" on Fine Music Radio 101.3=20
Editor: JAZZ NEWS RENDEZVOUS and WEEKLY MUSIC & ENTERTAINMENT GUIDE - =
Check out the JNR go to =
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JazznewsRendezvous/
Contributor to the ALL THAT JAZZ column in THE ARGUS every Wednesday
Cape Representative to the National ICASA forum for the promotion and =
development of S. A. Music. (Independent Communications Authority of =
South Africa)
SAMA Judge (South African Music Awards)
Member SAJE (South African Jazz Educators Association)
CD WHEREHOUSE, V & A WATERFRONT - from Thursday to Monday 08:30 to 17:30
Visit the CD Wherehouse's for the best of available music in world and =
the world's most unforgettable experience.
Stores also at The Zone, Rosebank, Sandton City, Sandton, Johannesburg & =
Gateway, Durban, KZN=20
When in Cape Town remember to tune in to The "Jazz Rendezvous" on Fine =
Music Radio 101.3 stereo every day, Monday to Friday from 19h00 to 20h00

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---