[jja-announce] IAJE -- make reservations and press requests now

Jazzmandel at aol.com Jazzmandel at aol.com
Thu Nov 20 18:35:10 EST 2003

Dear friends and JJA associates -- this is a courtesy heads up, not a paid ad
or anything like that:

the 31st Annual Internation Conference of the International Association for
Jazz Education is being held Jan 21 - 24, 2004, at the NY Hilton and Sheraton
Hotels. It continues to be the single greatest concentration of jazz in all its
forms -- educational, commercial, media -- that we have in the US. There are
dozens of workshops, clinics, performances, and panels; as previously noted,
the JJA is producing Critics' Clinics and a panel on "Racial Considerations in
Jazz Journalism." There are lots of great stories to be written coming out of
the conference, great photos to capture, interesting broadcast opportunities.
. .

If you want press credentials for this event, you must contact Don Lucoff,
press officer for the conference, at dondlmedia at covad.net. You need to have some
sort of assignment, but Don can talk to you about that. Registration for the
conference is offered at an "early bird" rate until Nov. 28 for $215 USD,
spouse $165, student (with id) for $90; onsite registration goes up to $250, $195,
and $110, respectively. If you're going to register in advance, go to
www.iaje.org, or call 785-755-8744 from 8 am to 5 p.m. CST Mon-Fri. There are also
mail and fax options, but you have to use a form in the conference brochure,
which was mailed out last week. . .

PLEASE DON'T try to register through me -- I have nothing to do with it. I
just thought you all ought to know. . . .

best, Pres. Howard