[jja-announce] written for Down Beat? Stolen from by Findarticles.com?

Jazzmandel at aol.com Jazzmandel at aol.com
Fri Apr 16 08:40:26 EDT 2004

IT's come to our attention that www.Findarticles.com, a profit-oriented site
maintained by the large Thompson-Gale publishing corporation has posted many
articles by jazz journalists that originally appeared in Down Beat. Since DB
does not issue a contract that buys any usage of our articles except first North
American publication, this is a clear infringement of copyright. DB's lawyers
are working to have the material removed from Findarticles -- but JJA
member-attny Steven Robinson is interested in negotiating with Thompson-Gale to
retain the visibility and access of our article by obtaining for writers a payment
for the on-line postings.

Search www.Findarticles.com for your name -- and if you have an article
posted, please let the JJA know. You can e-mail Hman at jazzhouse.org.

thanks -- Howard