[jja-announce] Chicago meeting and dim sum

Jazzmandel at aol.com Jazzmandel at aol.com
Thu Aug 26 13:58:33 EDT 2004

Dear JJA members,

In lieu of the previously advertised JJA panel discussion linked to the
Chicago Jazz Festival, we're going to take the opportunity on Saturday, Sept. 4 to
hold a membership meeting at 11 a.m. -- place TBA. We will focus on the
establishment and sustenance of JJA chapters. You can reach me on my cell phone, 212
533 4952, if you're trying to find the place, or e-mail Art Lange,
adlange at comcast.net, or look to this BBS space sometime next week for further info on
where we'll be.

ALSO -- the annual JJA Chicago Jazz Festival dim sum, a carb-loading event
that has become a tradition, will be held again at the Phoenix, a great Chinese
restaurant in Chinatown, on Sunday, Sept. 5 from 10 a.m. on (to about 12:30,
when people want to get to the fest grounds, not so far away but not a walk,
either). The Phoenix is on Archer Ave., a diagonal thoroughfare one block north
of 22nd, and there is a parking lot which will give you a ticket to have
stamped at the restaurant for a steep discount. Please come for a brunch munch with
JJA members and Chicago contacts.

best, Howard