[jja-announce] two things: Jazzhouse.org editorship, Jazz Awards fundraising

Jazzmandel at aol.com Jazzmandel at aol.com
Wed Feb 25 07:24:57 EST 2004

Hi colleagues --

this is a brief note to inform y'all that James Hale, jhale at sympatico.ca, has
agreed to take on responsibilities of managing editor of Jazzhouse.org. I
will continue as exec editor, but if you want to post an article or photograph, I
urge you to send it to James, who will do the bit of processing that's
necessary before it gets put up by our webmaster Whit (whit at jazzhouse.org).

Secondly: The JJA is embarking on its most ambitious project of the year,
putting on the 8th annual JJA Jazz Awards, currently scheduled for 4 - 7 p.m. on
Tuesday, June 15, at B.B. King's Blues Club and Grill, on 42nd St. in NYC. We
need serious funding to put on this event, and I am starting on that effort,
but I'd also like to hear from  members who think they can help. We seek a few
serious sponsors who understand the value of jazz journalism in all its forms.
We are not offering title sponsorship. We are approaching our major sponsors
from last year and will also broaden the search. We have pdf and hard-copy ma
terials to use to introduce the Jazz Awards to potential sponsors.

You can let me know via hman at jazzhouse.org if you have leads or other ideas.

best regards,

Howard