[jja-announce] does your vote matter (in the Jazz Awards)?

Jazzmandel at aol.com Jazzmandel at aol.com
Tue May 11 14:57:31 EDT 2004

dear JJA member --

of course it does. We have a number of close competitions among the honored
nominees, and in order to get a decisive finalist, we need the greatest number
of votes from members possible.

We currently have just under half the full membership voting. C'mon, we can
beat the US voters' record.

Do you want to see an upset of a long-time winner? Or do you want to
re-emphasize just how deserving that player/publication/presenter/label/jazz potentate
is now as before? Will you support your listening favorite, or put aside
personal prejudice to vote for the truly deserving artist (there's a difference?)?
However you decide, please vote.

Voting booth closes at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, May 12. To vote, to go
Jazzhouse.org. Take a look at the photos FIRST, decide which you think is Jazz Photo of
the Year -- write down its number/photog's name; then return to the main page,
click on vote, and VOTE.

thanks

Howard