[jja-announce] vote for JJA Interim Board Directors, at Jazzhouse, PLEASE

Jazzmandel at aol.com Jazzmandel at aol.com
Tue Oct 26 12:06:04 EDT 2004

Hi JJA members --

the election of six Interim Directors for the JJA's Interim Board has begun.
The nominees are posted at Jazzhouse, and only JJA full members are allowed to
vote. You are allowed to vote ONCE. But please do vote -- because if less
than half our membership votes, I me myself as Interim Executive Director get to
appoint the board (that detail is in the Interim Bylaws, which you can also
review at Jazzhouse.org).

The election will continue for 15 days from today, Oct. 26. That means it
will end on November 10 (which also happens to be the day of the next Jazz
Matters, an enhanced Critics Blindfold Test moderated by Bethany Ryker, who has done
dissertation research on the history and complications of the Blindfold
Tests. The Jazz Matters panel is at the New School Jazz Performance space in NYC,
as usual -- 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., panelists to be announced).

best, Howard