[jja-announce] Jazz Matters - NYC Sept 21

Jazzcornerjja at aol.com Jazzcornerjja at aol.com
Tue Sep 13 02:31:42 EDT 2005

Wednesday Sept 21 - 6-8pm
New School for Jazz Studies and Contemporary Music
55 W 13th St
5th Floor

Journalists and Musicians - COMMON CAUSE, SEPERATE PERSPECTIVES

Our Fall season opening of Jazz Matters will be "Journalists and Musicians: a
dialogue and discussion on raising the rapport between journalists and
musicians. Exploring the commonality and differences between journalists and
musicians in jazz.  We'll discuss what  journalists want from artists, and what
musicians can expect from journalists -- why the two groups often experience
frustration and how they can initiate and sustain dialog.  We'll also explore the
impact of technology advances such as musician-produced podcasts and critics'
blogs.

Panelists will include

Ben Allison
Larry Blumenfeld