[jja-announce] No Subject

Jazzmandel at aol.com Jazzmandel at aol.com
Wed Sep 14 08:34:56 EDT 2005

Yesterday BETJazz broadcast for the first time the 60-minute highlights of
the 9th annual JJA Jazz Awards (sm) gala at B.B. King's Blues Club and Grill on
June 14 2005 -- featuring program host Joe Piscipo, Jazz Awards host Robert
Wisdom, music by Nnenna Frelon, ASCAP Young Jazz Composers Competition winners
Bob Reynolds, Sy Johnson's 75th birthday octet and Jack DeJohnette, plus jazz
and JJA celebs including Dr. Billy Taylor, Clark Terry, Cecil Taylor, Frank
Wess, Derek Gordon (Jazz at Lincoln Center), Terry Gross, Luciana Souza, Maria
Schneider, Judi Silvano, Willard Jenkins, Paxton Baker (BETJazz), the Chicago
Jazz Partnership, Rupert Holmes, Wendy Oxenhorn, Gene Martin, Michelle Mercer,
Hamiet Bluiett, Claire Daly, Stefon Harris, me myself, and many more --

We thank tv producer Waymer Johnson, and urge everyone who can to tune in to
BETJazz (channel 89 on Manhattan cable) when the show is rebroadcast:

September 18 at 1 pm, 6 pm and 10 pm,
October 11 at 12 pm, 8 pm & 12 am,
October 16 at 1 pm, 6 pm and 10 pm.

info on availability outside the US or via DVD is undetermined -- but when
the JJA knows what it can do about that, you''ll be informed --

best, Howard