[jja-announce] next Jazz Matters, Dec. 20

Howard Mandel Jazzmandel at aol.com
Fri Dec 15 14:01:46 EST 2006

You are invited to
the Jazz Journalists Assocation's 10 Best Listening Session and
Holiday Party
Dec. 20, 6 to 8 p.m.,
New School Jazz & Contemporary Music 5th floor Performance Space
55 W. 13th St., NY NY

In a variation inspired by Down Beat's Blindfold Test, the JJA
presents Sheila Anderson (program show host, WBGO-FM), Francis Davis
(Village Voice) and Dan Ouellette (Billboard, Down Beat) springing
selections of their favorite cds of the year upon each other
unannounced for immediate analysis and responses -- plus seminar-
style interaction with the audience (all invited, free of charge, no
reservations necessary), moderated by Howard Mandel. Refreshments
will be served.

Jazz Matters -- The Jazz Journalists Association 10 Best Listening