[jja-announce] Nominations Ballot Now Posted in Jazzhouse.org Bulletin Board

jazzcritic at bellsouth.net jazzcritic at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 17 14:10:07 EST 2006

Dear everyone:

The complete nominations ballot is posted in the jazzhouse.org bulletin board, to be found
at the following link.:

http://www.jazzhouse.org/bulletin/viewtopic.php?t=575

Go to the second post in this thread (the first is only a sentence or two long),
then copy and paste it to prepare your ballot.

Email your completed ballot by midnight, March 15 to: jjaballot2006 at yahoo.com
The earlier we receive them, the better, as it give our all-volunteer staff the time to count them.

Please do not use any other email address, or your nominations will not be tabulated.

Several inquiries prompted me to add the following guidelines for nominations:

You may nominate from 0 to 5 names for each category.

Please double check the spelling of each name, CD title, etc., in order to have mercy on those who tabulate the ballots and to be sure that each nomination is properly counted. Do not assume that the tabulators know every single name on your ballot.

All CDs should be considered from April 1, 2005 to March 31, 2006. If you have a CD
in hand by March 31st, you may nominate it for this year's awards.

All lifetime (one time only) categories are clearly marked, with past (ineligible) winners listed.

The Up and Coming Musician award is not limited to those making their debut as a leader in the best year, but should be restricted to those who don't have an extensive track record as a leader, say less than 5 CDs. This widens the field a good bit more that when we restricted it to debut recordings only, though we have not been restricting this award to debut recordings exclusively for several years.

The Lifetime achievement award can go to any musician living or dead, though the it obviously helps if your musician was alive (even if not active) in 2005.

Please get busy on those nominations and feel free to lobby for nominees in the jazzhouse.org bulletin board.

Let's see a record turnout!

Ken Dryden