[jja-announce] one more thing about the JJA/JazzCorner.com party at IAJE

Howard Mandel jazzmandel at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 10 10:28:42 EST 2007

Due to the huge response from members aiming to attend the JJA/
JazzCorner.com party at Iridium in NYC during the IAJE confereence on
Thurs., Jan 11, 6 to 8 p.m., we need to ask for a $10 per person
donation from member-attendees to subsidize this party (which at a
lesser level could have been financed solely from the JJA treasury).
I hope this won't discourage anyone from coming -- we're going to
have a great time, with hor d'ouevres and an open bar besides talk,
chat, schmooze, etc., and we're expecting nearly 100 friends,
associates, colleagues. Cash or checks made out to the Jazz
Journalists Association will be accepted by me and Arnold Jay Smith.
Thanks for understanding this last-minute adjustment of the party plans.

best, see you soon -- Howard