[jja-announce] Jazz Notes deadline August 1

David R. Adler david at adlermusic.com
Tue Jul 24 09:27:08 EDT 2007

Dear colleagues,

Just a friendly reminder that the next Jazz Notes deadline is approaching.
August 1. Please have all materials to me by then.

Also, you might have seen our photo call from photo editor Laurence
Svirchev. Please be reminded that photos are welcome -- see text and
specifications below -- but please DO NOT send photos to me. Send them to
laurence at laurencesvirchev.com and fo at fojazz.com.

Thanks very much and hope all's well.

Kind regards,
David R. Adler
Editor, Jazz Notes

---

Dear Colleagues:

This is an invitation to submit, for the next issue of Jazz Notes, a
previously unpublished photo representing the jazz environment, present or
past, from a creative photography perspective. The photograph does not need
to be a playing shot. The deadline is August 1.

Specifications: Grayscale/B&W, 300 dpi, 1500px (5 inches) on the longest
edge.

Please ensure your submission is publication-ready, including conversion of
color to grayscale. Jazz Notes editors work on a volunteer basis, so please
make their job easy for them.

Jazz Notes is the journal of the JJA. While we credit photos, we cannot
offer an honorarium. Your contribution is a service to the membership.

Your submission of any image for publication in Jazz Notes constitutes your
representation that that image is solely your original work, was obtained
lawfully, and that the publication of that image in Jazz Notes, on
www.jazzhouse.org, or in any other publication of the Jazz Journalists
Association, Inc. will not violate the copyright interest, any right of
privacy or publicity, or to your knowledge, any other legal right or
interest of any person or entity.

Submit to Forrest Bryant (fo at fojazz.com <mailto:fo at fojazz.com> ) and
Laurence at Svirchev.com.

Thank you,