[jja-announce] JJA Awards party set for NYC!

Howard Mandel jazzmandel at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 13 16:43:04 EDT 2007

Hi members -- the 2007 Jazz Journalists Association Jazz Awards (sm)
will be celebrated Thursday, June 28, 2007 at the Jazz Standard, 116
E. 27th St. in NYC, from 2 to 4 p.m., with a buffet, soft drinks,
cash bar, party-favors, performance by pianist Frank Kimbrough in
honor of the late Andrew Hill (sponsored by Boosey & Hawkes music
publishers) -- and announcement of winners in 41 categories
celebrating excellence in music, production, presentation and
journalism.

Reservations must be made to attend this event, for which JJA members
are asked to contribute $35. per admission (less than half that of
last year). Reservations may be made to Paypal secure server via
Jazzhouse.org -- contact me (hman at jazzhouse.org) directly for other
info.

We are moving quickly to organize this party -- and seating is very
limited (125 capacity) -- so go to Jazzhouse and charge your seats
now! for our 11th annual Jazz Awards. Info about subsequent JJA
parties in LA, San Francisco, Chicago, Detroit, Newport, Tanglewood,
tba.

more soon, Howard