[jja-announce] Jazz Awards party, NYC

Howard Mandel jazzmandel at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 18 15:59:27 EDT 2007

Hey JJA members -- the annual JJA announcement party for nominees of
the Jazz Awards, JJA members and supportive jazz others takes place
Thursday, June 28, at the Jazz Standard, 116 E. 27th St., NYC, from 2
to 4 pm -- with a lunch buffet, round-for-everybody thanks to BMI,
performance in honor of the late Andrew Hill by pianist Frank
Kimbrough, and determination of poll results celebrating excellence
in 41 categories of music, presentation, production and documentation.

Tickets cost JJA members $35 - less than half last year's price.
Seating is very limited - we have less than a quarter of the capacity
we had at B.B. King's. So if you intend to come, please make your
reservation now -- via Jazzhouse.org, where there's a link to the
Paypal secure server -- easy and fast.

If you are a nominee, contact me directly -- you may attend as guest
of the JJA -- and if you're a nominee and want to bring a guest, you
may bring one for the members' rate of $35, which can also be charged
via Jazzhouse/Paypal.

If you are a non-JJA member, you are asked for $100 contribution to
attend the Jazz Awards. As the JJA is a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit,
contributions including ticket sales to the JJA are tax deductible.
Non-member tickets can also be charged via Jazzhouse/Paypal.

We hope to have anther JJA Awards party in Los Angeles in late July,
and another JJA dim sum/or something in Chicago during the Jazz
festival there over Labor Day weekend. But if you can, please come to
the NYC Jazz Awards party to help us show the musicians and industry
supporters a good time --

best, Howard

Howard Mandel
c/o Village Postal