[jja-announce] couple of things

Howard Mandel jazzmandel at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 25 15:35:24 EST 2007

Dear JJA members --

#1 -- now's the time to post yr end-of-the-year bests lists at
Jazzhouse.org -- please send them in whatever format you think most
appropriate (but word files, of course) to me, hman at jazzhouse.org,
and I'll pass them along to get them posted (with your name and
affiliations, if you like).

#2 -- the JJA board -- Forrest Bryant, Susan Fox, James Hale, Reuben
Jackson, Fred Jung, Gary Giddins, and myself -- has recommended the
renewal of board positions for Forrest, Reuben and Fred, whose two-
year terms are ending in December. If there are challengers to these
candidates, please contact me for further discussion of the issues
and alternatives.

#3 - the JJA has several panels slated at IAJE in Toronto in January,
and we are currently trying to organize a small reception/cocktail
party. Please let me know if you plan to attend IAJE, so we know how
many jja members to expect at such a party.

thanks -- happy holidays (just over and comin' up) --

best, Howard

ps. -- and on a personal note, my book Miles, Ornette, Cecil -- Jazz
Beyond Jazz has just been published by Routledge; if you're
interested in review copies, please contact
Chris.Bowers at taylorandfrancis.com

HM

Howard Mandel
c/o Village Postal