[jja-announce] news -- two parties with conference

Howard Mandel jazzmandel at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 11 22:09:00 EDT 2007

Hi JJA members --

you've read by now about the first international conference of jazz
journalists in the U.S. -- Jazz In the Global Imagination: Music,
Journalism and Culture, taking place at the Columbia University
Journalism department auditorium, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m on Saturday, Sept.
29 --

Well, the JJA is hosting a cocktail reception to welcome our
colleauges from out of town and out of the country at the Lenox
Lounge, Friday, Sept. 28 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. with support from
Boosey & Hawkes and ASCAP -- music by ASCAP Young Jazz Composers
winner Roberto Rodriguez's trio --

and the JJA is hosting a sendoff jazz brunch, with full support from
Jazz at Lincoln Center, at Dizzy's Club Coca-Cola, from 11 to 1 p.m.
on Sunday, Sept. 30.

Both these events are free to JJA members -- but you must rsvp to me,
jazzmandel at earthlink.net -- so please check your calendars and let me
know if you'll attend.

ALSO -- the JJA is hosting a simultaneous real-time Interactiview
discussion on the day of the conference, with bloggers at the event
and elsewhere posting to Jazzhouse.org on the same issues and what
our panelists have to same about them -- we're looking for members
everywhere to commit to participating -- if you're interested,
contact me and details will be forthcoming --

best -- Howard

Howard Mandel
c/o Village Postal
151 1st Ave.