[jja-announce] conference postings

Howard Mandel jazzmandel at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 1 14:40:52 EST 2008

Hi Members -- please go to www.jazzhouse.org/columbia to see more
postings regarding last fall's first international conference of jazz
journalists in the U.S., Jazz in the Global Imagination (held at
Columbia U). There are photos, reviews (multi-lingual), and some of
the papers/statements that were delivered during the events. And
conference delegates -- if you haven't already sent us your
presentations, please do so! We hope to stage another such conference
this year, but have no firm plans about that yet.

Also: The 2008 Jazz Awards are being planned now. Ideas are welcome
for intensifying the Jazz Awards' impact, emphasizing the national
and international scope of the voting, making sure we have the best
nominations available. Comments can come to me, Hman at jazzhouse.org,
or James Hale, jehale at rogers.com. More on this soon --

best, Howard

Howard Mandel