[jja-announce] slight correction re JJA @ IAJE

Howard Mandel jazzmandel at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 10 08:01:32 EST 2008

Dear Members -- well, we're here (I've seen JJA VP James Hale, spoken
to Stuart Broomer, who is co-chairing the Who Asked You Anyway
clinics, and have heard from PDX Jazz Fest producer and JJA member
Bill Royston; also heard Joel Harrison's Harbour Quintet at the Rex
last night). It's cold, breezy, but no snow.

The NEA has informed me that its Jazz Masters reception on Friday is
NOT open to everyone, but by invitation only. They're very sorry, but
you know how budget constraints work. Also, the NEA reception is at 6
pm, not 5, on Friday. Fortunately, the JJA party at the Novotel hotel
is at 5 pm, and yes, everyone is invited to that.

hope to see you there/here -- Howard

Howard Mandel
c/o Village Postal
151 1st Ave.