[jja-announce] Jazz Notes: call for photos

David R. Adler david at adlermusic.com
Sun Jan 27 09:51:59 EST 2008

Dear JJA,

The following is a call for photos from Jazz Notes photo editor Laurence
Svirchev. **Please do not reply to my email address**. See the emailing
instructions just below and please follow them closely.

Thank you,
David R. Adler
Editor, Jazz Notes

---

Dear colleagues,

Jazz Notes extends an invitation to JJA members to submit previously
unpublished photos for our Spring 2008 issue. The deadline is February 5.
Please submit photos to art director Forrest Bryant (fo at fojazz.com) and
photo editor Laurence Svirchev (laurence at svirchev.com).

Photos should be related to the jazz scene, but do not necessarily have to
be stage shots. Unusual angles and fresh approaches encouraged.

Specifications: Grayscale/B&W, 300 dpi, 1500px (5 inches) on the longest
edge.

Note that Jazz Notes editors work on a volunteer basis. Please do not add to
their workload ‹ follow the specifications by converting color photos to
B/W.

Jazz Notes is the membership publication of the Jazz Journalists
Association. The JJA does not pay contributors.

Your submission of any image for publication in Jazz Notes constitutes your
representation that that image is solely your original work, was obtained
lawfully, and that the publication of that image in Jazz Notes, on
www.jazzhouse.org, or in any other publication of the Jazz Journalists
Association, Inc. will not violate the copyright interest, any right of
privacy or publicity, or to your knowledge, any other legal right or
interest of any person or entity.

Thank you,

Laurence Svirchev
Photo Editor, Jazz Notes