[jja-announce] voting and photos

Howard Mandel jazzmandel at earthlink.net
Thu May 15 20:44:27 EDT 2008

Greetings, members --

As you know by now, I hope, the JJA is celebrating the 12th annual
JJA Jazz Awards with a barbeque-cocktail luncheon at the Jazz
Standard, 116 E. 27th St. NYC, on Wednesday, June 18, from 3 to 6 pm.
Tickets for JJA members will be $40 (up to five) in advance, $75 at
the door. Tickets for non-members are $100 in advance, $150 at the
door. We have reserved tables for four for $1000 (principally for
sponsors) -- all other seating will be first come/first served. Soft
drinks, coffee, waters and ice tea are included in the ticket price,
and there may be a sponsored toast, but otherwise so far it's gonna
be a cash bar. And it's going to be fun -- but the Jazz Standard
holds only 120, so if you want tickets, make reservations at
Jazzhouse.org now!

Voting will begin next week -- I'll send another jja-announce message
when the voting booth is open. The submissions for Jazz Photo of the
Year will be up then, too. If anyone wants to do any electioneering
in advance of the voting, please post your comments at the
Jazzhouse.org BBS (you have to register, chooseing your own personal,
private password). Keep it clean and substantive, ok? Reasons why
someone's worth voting for are good, smears against some other
candidate -- well, would you want our presidential candidates to go
that way?

We are selling ads for the program book, too --

Full page, 8 x 5, $1,500
1/2 page: 4 x 5, $800
1/4 page: 4 x 2.5, $450
1/8 page: 2 x 2.5, $250
Ad commitments by May 23 earn a 10 % discount. All ads are black and
white,  and must be submitted as (in order of preference)  PDF files,
high-res TIFF or JPG files, or as a Quark file (QXD), to Andrey
Henkin, vitaltransformation at earthlink.net, by June 9.

Thanks for your support, members, We're looing forward to this party --

best, Pres. Howard

Howard Mandel
jazzmandel at earthlink.net
phone (212) 533-9495