[jja-announce] Voting booth open! Photos up!

Howard Mandel jazzmandel at earthlink.net
Wed May 21 21:40:20 EDT 2008

Hey, JJA members -- the voting booth is now open for professional members to enter to make choices among excellent finalists in 41 categories of the 2008 Jazz Awards. Go to www.Jazzhouse.org -- and there it is! Be sure to check out the Photo of the Year entries before you vote -- and remember the name of your candidate, so you can click the right button before their name on the ballot. Vote but once! And vote before noon, June 4, when the voting booth will close.

A Team Members are named there, too.

Winners of the Jazz Awards will be announced at the JJA's cocktail-barbeque brunch at the Jazz Standard, 116 E. 27th St., NYC, on Wednesday, June 18, from 3 to 6 p.m. There will be musicians, jazz industry representatives, JJA members, delicious foods, beer thanks to Brother Thelonious (North Coast Brewing Company), party favors, and music (tba). Tickets in advance are $40 for JJA members and nominees' plus-ones, $100 for non-members -- at the door $75 for members, $150 for non-members. So reserve your tickets (at Jazzhouse.org) now, via secure server. And if you know anyone or any company that wants to buy an ad in the JJA program book, we have special rates for full, half, quarter and eighths of pages. Contact me, hman at jazzhouse.org --

thanks, Howard