[jja-announce] January JJA programs

President JJA president at jazzjournalists.org
Wed Dec 9 12:47:54 EST 2009

Dear members,

The JJA is somewhat belatedly focusing on modest programs for our members
from roughly January 8 through 12, 2008 -- at the same time as the annual
conference of the Association of Performing Arts Centers, which is having
some jazz-related programming; the Winterjazz fest, a carnival of current
talents in 4 downtown clubs, GlobalFest which features international musical
performers, and leading up the National Endowment for the Arts' Jazz Masters
investitures at Jazz At Lincoln Center on Tuesday, Jan 12.

We hope to be invited to participate in some of the APAP panels (starting
Friday morning, with a "Town Hall" on Sunday at 11 am.) and to put on our
own panels and/or workshops on Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday afternoons.
What I'd like from you all is a general reading -- not commitments -- on
whether you'll be likely to attend. We've got to have some numbers in order
to locate the right place to do this.

Thanks. Please email me back at President at JazzJournalists.org

Howard