[jja-announce] Help wanted: membership sec'y

howard Mandel jazzmandel at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 16 16:07:29 EST 2009

Hi JJA members --

After at least a decade of service, the Jazz Journalists Association's
membership secretary Jerry D'Souza has asked to be relieved of his
responsibilities, which he's aquitted with aplomb. Jerry has been
responsible for maintaining membership rolls, administering membership
renewals and a database that has been used for the jja-listserve as
well as the members' database at Jazzhouse.org. It is not a hugely
time consuming job (I don't think), but it does require regular
attentions (right Jerry?)

If you're interested in filling this position for the JJA, please
contact me. Jerry (jerrydsouza at rogers.com) is also willing to field
any questions about the work required. The JJA in the past recent
months has welcomed a new treasurer, Gene Marlow, taking over from the
estimable Arnold Jay Smith, and two new board members, David Adler and
Yvonne Ervin, voted in to fulfill positions left by James Hale and
Reuben Jackson. We welcome all members' comments about any of these
changes -- more changes and more programming for the JJA is on the way.

best to all for the new year,

President Howard

Howard Mandel
jazzmandel at earthlink.net