[jja-announce] JJA Awards Thread at JazzHouse.org

Chris Kelsey chkelsey at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 15:13:09 EST 2009

Friends, in the interest of sparking some debate about the upcoming
nominating process, I posted the following on the 2009 JJA Awards
thread<http://www.jazzhouse.org/bulletin/viewtopic.php?t=914>on the
BBS (please respond there):

"Something I've been thinking about:

I'm often hesitant to participate in year-end 'Best of' lists, because I
never come close to hearing everything worthy of consideration. In fact,
since I tend to listen in a non-hierarchical, non-systematic way (I listen
to things that I suspect will inspire or edify me as a player, more than I
do stuff that might or might not be "important"), I'm deathly afraid I'll
miss something blatantly obvious. Ok, not deathly afraid ... not even mildly
afraid ... but you get the point.

Did I miss anything or anybody this year? If you could name one album or
musician (or writer or presenter, for that matter) whose absence as a JJA
nominee would be a travesty of justice, who would it be?"

Thanks,

Chris Kelsey

ChrisKelsey.com