[jja-announce] Jazz Awards tickets! going fast!

howard Mandel jazzmandel at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 9 09:04:48 EDT 2009

Hi JJA members --

The JJA's 13th annual Jazz Awards is next week -- Tuesday, June 16, 3
to 6 pm at the Jazz Standard in NYC -- and some tickets for the
barbeque-cocktail party are still available. We're having music by
Charles Tolliver's Big Band, Jane Bunnett's Spirits of Havana, Carol
Sudhalter with Daryl Sherman, Marian Petrescu and Andres Obert and the
Matt Miller Trio, and many nominees will be in attendance -- so this
will be a great gathering, and I hope you'll attend to show the
celebrate the strength of our organization and renew ties with people
throughout the jazz community. Awards will be presented by the JJA
members in attendance -- another reason you should reserve now, so I
can slip you in for a stage appearance if possible (first come first
served on that).

Tickets for JJA members this year are $60, discounted from $100 for
non-affiliated purchasers -- the funds cover the cost of the food,
drink, musical entertainment, Awards manufacture, program book
printing, party-favors bags and, if there's anything left over, will
help keep the JJA up-and-running throughout the coming year. Finalist
nominees are free, and like JJA members may bring a guest for $60, too.

Please go to www.JazzJournalists.org to purchase tickets via secure
server -- contact me if you have questions or concerns -- and I hope
to see you there.

best Howard

Howard Mandel
jazzmandel at earthlink.net