[jja-announce] JJA Meeting Postponed

Art Lange adlange at comcast.net
Fri Jun 12 17:04:27 EDT 2009

Dear JJA Members:

Over the past couple of weeks I've been attempting to organize a Members
Meeting in conjunction with the JJA Awards next Tuesday. Unfortunately, I'm
afraid that the logistical details proved too difficult to manage in such a
short time. So, in consultation with Howard, we've decided to postpone the
Meeting and replace it with an online interactive discussion in late July or
early August.  We hope this will allow a greater amount of input from the
membership, especially those who would not have been coming to New York for
the Awards.

We still feel that in order to secure the JJA's future we need to address
several crucial issues - among them, the role of the organization,
identifying and resolving budgetary concerns, increasing membership
activity, sharing the work burden, and confirming a smooth transition of
leadership when that is necessary. The JJA is, and always should be, a work
in progress, reflecting the changing concerns of its members. Thanks to our
president and board members, we have been on a steady course, but a periodic
examination of our concerns, our goals, and our commitment can only help to
strengthen our organization over time.

So look for an announcement about our online discussion in a few weeks. In
the meantime, have a nice summer - and hope to see you at the JJA Awards on
June 16.

Sincerely, Art Lange