[jja-announce] Jazz Awards nominees announced at new JJA site

howard Mandel jazzmandel at earthlink.net
Mon May 4 15:49:16 EDT 2009

Hi Members -- the JJA has a new Jazz Awards website, where we've
posted the nominations ballot for the 2009 Jazz Awards (as well as
program and ticket info for the Jazz Awards gala at the Jazz
Standard). Go to the site -- www.JazzJournalists.org -- to see the
nominees, to see the 30! splendid nominees for Photo of the Year, the
read about the "A Team" award winners -- and to make your reservations
for athe Jazz Awards cocktail barbeque, now!

We have limited seating at the Jazz Standard -- so tickets will go
fast. We don't have the voting for finalists in place yet -- so
consider your choices, and await my next email telling you when the
voting booth in which you'll select 2009 Jazz Awards winners is open.

We're still looking for sponsors for the jazz Awards, so if you know
anyone interested, please direct them my way. And let me know of any
concerns about the Jazz Awards, which promises to be a great event
(the 13th annual is our bar mitzvah, you know).

best, Howard

Howard Mandel
jazzmandel at earthlink.net
phone 212 533 9495