[jja-announce] three things

howard Mandel jazzmandel at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 10 17:26:05 EDT 2009

Hi JJA members --

One: we need a new membership secretary, or volunteers for an active,
efficient membership committee. This is unpaid work, can be well-
organized and split up, would be very much appreciated by the JJA.
Contact me if you're interested.

Two: The JJA was turned down for funding meant to support a proposed
conference on Jazz Journalism in Transition, next January in NYC. We
are continuing to pursue other options, including restaging the date
and place.

Three: The JJA needs representatives to attend the USC Annenberg
School for Communications National Summit for Arts Journalism, 8:30 am
- 1 pm, Friday, October 2, Los Angeles; for more info on the summit go
to www.najp.org and if interested/available, please contact me.

thanks, Howard

Howard Mandel
jazzmandel at earthlink.net