[jja-announce] help promote the Jazz Awards -- please!

JJA, President president at jazzjournalists.org
Thu Apr 1 12:49:25 EDT 2010

Dear JJA members --

Very soon -- April 15 -- we'll be announcing the nominees for the 2010 JJA
Jazz Awards. At the same time, we'll announce the date and place of the
awards gala in New York City.

We hope you'll help the JJA -- your own professional organization -- spread
the word. Because even if you don't live in NYC and can't attend the gala
event the awards initiative raises the profile of the JJA nationally and
internationally, thus raising the profile of jazz, and of your own work as a
jazz journalist or supporter.
*
*
*Of course, you're encouraged to do this in every way you can, through
columns you write, radio shows you host, your photo galleries and your
blogs.
But in addition, we're plunging into the use of new media to promote this
event, because that's where promotion is happening these days. Here are some
steps you can take right now! *to help publicize awards news:
*
If you have a Twitter account, "follow" the Jazz Awards* at
http://twitter.com/jjajazzawards
*
If you have a Facebook account, become a "Fan" of the  JJA 2010 Jazz Awards
page.*
 http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=104160546282538

If you do that, *your icon/photo will appear -- in rotation* -- on our new
http://www.jjajazzawards.org website as well as on our Facebook fan page.
Both will link to your own Facebook page, providing a personal promotion for
you and your work.
*
*If you've already Facebook "fanned" or Twitter "followed" us, many thanks!
Either way-- once you "fan" or "follow" the Awards, *please "retweet" or
"share" the Awards news we post with your own network of "friends" and
"followers." *We think this kind of "viral" campaign has benefits for all of
us by giving the JJA a higher profile everywhere.

*Awards Widgets and Buttons for Your Website or Blog -- *
*If you have another website or blog and want to help even more, please
display one of our*
 *  JJA 2010 Jazz Awards buttons and widgets.* See

http://www.jjajazzawards.org/2010/02/help-us-spread-word-with-widget-or.html
for
details.

If you were an awards nominator you can get a special Nominator "button"--
write admin at jazzjournalists.org )

Finally, even if you can't participate in any of the above, be sure to check
out the new awards website
at http://www.jjajazzawards.org  and  subscribe to our email or RSS
updates.  Stay tuned -- big news very soon --

President Howard and the Jazz Awards Committee