[jja-announce] dues call and more

Howard Mandel jazzmandel at aol.com
Sun Feb 7 16:24:47 EST 2010

Dear JJA members, present or past --

Thanks to everyone who paid up dues in response to my note last week
-- now for those of you wavering: Only JJA members in good standing
will have their nominations and votes counted towards the 2010 Jazz
Awards, an initiative kicking off in the next week.

More benefits of renewing:  Over the next couple months, we'll be
debuting a whole batch of new online services for JJA members. Among
other things, you'll be able to:
profile yourself for potential clients and readers with a listing in a
new public, online JJA Member directory
more easily identify and get in touch with fellow JJA members in your
area or who share your interests, using our updated, comprehensive,
searchable Members Only directory
tell the world about your latest publications and productions via
several new website features
be featured in a broadly disseminated JJA "feed" of jazz journalists'
news and views.
These new services --all of them free to JJA Members-- will help you
promote yourself and your work, and make it easier to survive and
thrive as a jazz journalist in the fast-changing 21st Century media
landscape.  But they will ONLY be available to paid-up full and
support JJA members ( Student members will not receive a listing in
the public directory.

So don't wait longer: renew your JJA membership NOW at: http://www.jazzhouse.org/noff/index.php?page_id=30

And then consider your nominees for the 14th annual JJA Jazz Awards
(gala celebration tentatively scheduled for June 15, 2010, at the Jazz
Standard, NYC) --

best, Pres Howard