[jja-announce] further details about the jazz journalism conference

JJA, President president at jazzjournalists.org
Tue Jan 5 22:24:45 EST 2010

Hi JJA members -- I'm sending this note because some people evidently didn't
get earlier correspondence about the Jazz Journalism Conference the JJA is
holding in NYC this weekend, January 8 through Tuesday Jan. 12. Please see
the website here:
https://sites.google.com/a/jazzjournalists.org/jja-events/ny-jan-2010-conference
and
you can also link to it from Jazzhouse.org. Tell friends. Our sessions are
free, though pre-registration is necessary for the two JJA eMedia workshops
and there are only a few spaces left for both the intro to video online and
blogging basics and intermediate skills. To reserve space for APAP sessions
or follow the link to APAP on the front page of the site.

New info: David Hajdu, is moderating our Sunday session, 2 - 4 pm, on
Getting the Word Out, How Jazz News Is Disseminated Now (How That's Changed
and How It's Changing Jazz News). Dan Ouellette sadly will NOT be able to be
at the Saturday town hall meeting on The Job of Jazz Journalism,
Professional Practices. And the NEA has put together a splendid luncheon for
us on Tuesday -- look for yet *another* email with details of that, I hope
tomorrow (Wednesday).

**
Questions -- email me at President at JazzJournalists.org -- best, Howard