[jja-announce] Volunteers needed for Jazz Awards Ballot Committee

Ken Dryden jazzjournalist at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 21 17:06:51 EST 2010

Dear Members:

I have been asked by Howard Mandel to once again chair the ballot committee for the Jazz Awards.
We would like 3-4 volunteers to discuss any possible expansion or contraction of categories, with the goal of wrapping up the final form of the nominations ballot within a week or two.

A new WAY OF VOTING ON PRE-CONFIGURED FORMS should make tabulating the nominations much easier, though we may need to add guidelines to avoid duplicate or incomplete entries.

Please respond to me at jazzjournalist at yahoo.com by January 27th.

Hope to see you at the Awards show, SOMETIME MID-JUNE. I plan to make it this year!

Ken Dryden