[jja-announce] vote! reserve tix! see JJA News!

JJA, President president at jazzjournalists.org
Thu May 13 09:36:37 EDT 2010

JJA Members --

Please go to Jazzhouse.org to vote in the 14th annual JJA Jazz Awards -- we
want the biggest voting turnout by members ever.

Then -- please proceed to JJAJazzAwards.org, for news of Awards
developments, and to click through to make reservations for the Awards
party, which is going to be a blast at City Winery on June 14 (doors open at
3:30 pm, and pianist Ayako Shirasaki will perform then). For the first time,
we'll have the Awards ceremony uninterrupted by music to begin the event,
and at 5 pm open the doors for a reception, with music by guitarist Rale
Micic's trio, pianist Marc Cary's Focus Trio, saxophonist Tia Fuller's
quartet, and the Bobby Sanabria Big Band. Tickets for JJA members to the
entire Jazz Awards event are $75, including food, drink and goody bags. JJA
members will be onstage to present the Awards to winners and "A Team"
members.

Also -- take a look at www.JJANews.org -- a new online platform for the JJA.
Please subscribe to the RSS feed for email notification of JJANews updates.
And think about new of jazz journalism (including your own) that belongs on
JJA News. We want and need your participation in this platform to spread
work of your own works and the JJA as an entity. Tell your friends, readers,
followers, etc.

Hey -- if you aren't a member-in-good-standing -- if your dues are overdue
-- your vote in the Jazz Awards WON'T BE COUNTED (and you won't qualify for
the members' discount ticket for the Jazz Awards). Contact me if you don't
know if your dues are due. Dues remain $75 for the year.

The JJA has a lot of good things in the works for this summer, next fall and
beyond -- Jazz Matters panels at major jazz festivals, applications for
grants to support a jazz video-reportage initiative, Jazz Matters panels
next fall at jazz education institutions, and a profession-wide jazz
journalism conference next January. Be in on it. Renew your membership, and
ask unaffiliated colleagues to get in on this, too.

Cool, thanks -- Pres Howard