[members-announce] REMINDER:You're Invited! Jeremy Pelt debuts at The Village Vanguard, 7/13-7/18

PHAIRELADY at aol.com PHAIRELADY at aol.com
Thu Jul 15 16:26:10 EDT 2004

Greetings,

Just wanted to remind you that two-time (2003-2004, 2004-2005) DownBeat
Magazine Critic's Poll "Rising Star Trumpet" Winner and two-time Jazz Journalist
Association "Up 'n Coming Musician of the Year" nominee, Jeremy Pelt debuts as a
leader at the legendary Village Vanguard.

Pelt has assembled a special quintet for this engagement and will be playing
music predominately from his most recent disc, "Close To My Heart" (MaxJazz)
as well as an original from each of his previous recordings, "Profile" (Fresh
Sound New Talent) and "Insight" (Criss Cross Jazz).  A brand new composition
was written for this engagement, therefore we could all be in for a new treat
from Pelt.

July 13 - July 18, 2004 (Tuesday-Sunday)
JEREMY PELT QUINTET
Greg Tardy-sax, Stephen Scott-p,
Vicente Archer-b, Kenny Washington-d
http://www.villagevanguard.net/

LOCATION

The Vanguard is located at 178-7th Avenue South. That's on 7th Avenue just
below West 11th Street in Greenwich Village. Nearest subway:1,9,2 or 3 (local or
express) at the 14th
Street stop.

SHOWTIMES
Doors open at 8:00pm. Sets begin at 9:00pm and 11:00pm nightly.

COST
$30.00 at the door (includes $20.00 admission plus a $10.00 drink minimum).
Drinks range in price from $4.50 to $10.00.

GUEST LIST
If we have availability, we would be happy to add you to our guest list.
Please inform what day and what set you would like to attend.

RESERVATIONS
Reservations are taken over the phone. Call the club at (212) 255-4037 and
leave your name, the number of people in your party, the night you would like to
come and which set you would like to attend. Reservations are held until 15
MINUTES before show time. No complaining if you're late. If you need to speak
to them in person, call after 3:00pm Eastern time.

STUDENTS

A STUDENT DISCOUNT is in effect Sunday through Thursday, 2nd set only. The
cost is $20.00 which includes admission and a soft drink (or a $4.00 drink
credit). Valid student I.D. required. In all cases, the discount is subject to
availability. It's wise to call the club to be sure.

FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, PHOTOS, REVIEWS etc. VISIT:www.PeltJazz.com or
contact:
Chantal Phaire
Phairelady Management Services
20 West 20th Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10011-4213
Direct Phone: (212) 822-8590
Cell Phone: (203) 209-7668
Private Fax: (646)349-2976
E-Mail: Phairelady at aol.com

Phairelady Management Services represents the following artists: Kirk
LIGHTSEY, JoAnne BRACKEEN, Denise JANNAH, Jeremy PELT and Amina FIGAROVA

Wall Street Journal Review of Jeremy Pelt

By Nat Hentoff

http://www.peltjazz.com/reviews.html