[members-announce] REMINDER: Denise JANNAH Rare NY Appearance at Jazz Standard Mon, 12/19 - $15

PHAIRELADY at aol.com PHAIRELADY at aol.com
Mon Dec 19 05:42:32 EST 2005

IMMEDIATE REMINDER
Contact: Phairelady Management Services
(212) 822-8590, PhaireladyPromo at aol.com

“This woman can make you dream, cry, and fall in love. What more could you
desire…”  (The Music Advocate)
 “Quite simply, Denise Jannah is one of the best jazz singers to come along
in the 25 years I’ve been writing about music.” (Award winning jazz author and
critic Gary Giddins in the  “Village Voice”)
 “Jannah’s voice is fine – rich, certain and teeming with a candor
undiminished by the artifice of record-making.” (Down Beat)

“If you're having trouble keeping track of the score of female singers
swamping the current jazz scene, let me save you some trouble:  Denise Jannah is
worth your time.”
( Detroit Free Press)

-“Her voice is so direct, the delivery so fresh and clear that she will
surely withstand the test of time.” (Jazz Times)

Vocalist Denise Jannah returns to New York!

Monday, December 19, 2005
8:00 PM  & 10:00 PM
at
The Jazz Standard
116 East 27th Street
New York, New York 10016
Reservations: (212) 576-2232
Music charge: $15

Denise Jannah - vocals
Amina Figarova - piano
Ameen Saleem - bass
E J. Strickland - drums

Jannah's repertoire will consist of standards and originals from her six
albums as a leader.  It will include your favorites from the Timeless discs (“Take
it from the Top” & ”A Heart full of Music”), as well as a few from the Blue
Note discs (“I was born in Love with You”, “Different Colors” and “The
Madness of our Love”) and even a couple from her latest release entitled Gedicht
Gezongen (Poetry Sung)--a self-produced disc of original music set to poems from
around the world.

Visit: www.DeniseJannah.com  for sound bytes, photos and more information