[members-announce] You're Invited! - Jeremy Pelt at Starry Nights - Friday, January 7th

PHAIRELADY at aol.com PHAIRELADY at aol.com
Thu Jan 6 17:48:05 EST 2005

Happy New Year!

As you are probably aware, Jeremy Pelt topped the DownBeat Critic's Poll for
the second consecutive year for "Rising Star trumpeter" and also entered the
"Rising Star Jazz Artist of the Year" category.  He is also a two-time nominee
for The Jazz Journalist Association's "Rising Star Jazz Artist of the Year"
award.  Additional highlights were participating in the following Festival
Productions concerts: being selected to tour for two weeks with the 50th
Anniversary Newport Jazz Festival All-Stars in February 2004, The Freihoffers Jazz
Festival in Saratoga and The Rochester International Jazz Festival.

We have also made significant strides around the world with Jeremy debuting
as a leader with week-long engagements at arguably two of the best jazz clubs
in the world.  RONNIE SCOTT'S in London (standing room only) and The VILLAGE
VANGUARD (capacity crowds).   He finished 2004 playing in a tribute to Shirley
Horn at the Kennedy Center in December, which was aired on JazzSet as well as
on NewsHour with Jim Lehrer.

For those of you NOT at IAJE, The Jeremy Pelt Quintet will be playing two
sets at the Museum of Natural History's Starry Nights program, tomorrow, Friday,
January 7, 2005.  The  band will include: Jeremy Pelt - trumpet/flugelhorn,
Danny Grissett - piano, Vicente Archer - bass, and special guest, living legend,
Louis Hayes on drums.

I have a few spots left on our guest list if you'd like to attend.  Thanks
for your support throughout the years.

Here's the scoop: http://www.amnh.org/rose/specials/jazz/?src=pv_p

Best regards,

Chantal

--
Chantal Phaire
Phairelady Management Services
E-Mail: Phairelady at aol.com

Phairelady Management Services represents the following artists: Kirk
LIGHTSEY, JoAnne BRACKEEN, Denise JANNAH, Jeremy PELT, Anthony BROWN's Asian American
Orchestra and Marcus STRICKLAND