[members-announce] New Article Publication Announcement

bmsiegel at adelphia.net bmsiegel at adelphia.net
Wed Feb 15 13:26:31 EST 2006

To JJA Members:

I'm happy to be able to announce the publication of a new article, "Thinking Mingus", on the All About Jazz Web site.

My article was inspired by a question from a friend's 16-year old son -- who was studying bass at the time. He wanted to know "Why does Bill like Mingus so much?".  A fair question, I thought. But as we know, thinking can be a dangerous thing for a writer! Before I knew it, I was embarking on a trip all the way back to my first exposures to jazz as a kid, and how my musical tastes evolved over the years until I reached a flashpoint at Mingus, Coltrane, Dolphy, Miles, etc.

The article is currently on the AllAboutJazz "Current Articles" list, and will be upgraded to "Cover Article" in the next few days. You can find the article at http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article.php?id=19172 . I hope you enjoy reading it!

- Bill Siegel--
Bill Siegel
EMail:    bmsiegel at adelphia.net

"Making the simple complicated is commonplace. Making the
complicated simple - awesomely simple - that's creativity."
-- Charles Mingus
"Everything matters. Everything."
-- Miles Davis