[members-announce] Update and a free concert next Sunday - Roberta Piket - Ratzo Harris - Billy Mintz

Roberta Piket roberta at robertajazz.com
Sun Aug 12 22:23:38 EDT 2007

Next Sunday afternoon August 19

Roberta Piket Trio in a free concert in Central Park

Playing music from their new CD,  <http://robertajazz.com/rptio.html> Love
and Beauty

Location: Charles A. Dana Discovery Center
Central Park at 110th St and Lenox Ave, NYC

Showtime: 4:00pm to 6:00pm
(212) 860-1370

By Subway: 2 or 3 to Central Park North

Roberta Piket Trio

Roberta Piket – electric piano

Ratzo Harris – bass

Billy Mintz - drums

If you’re previously engaged during the afternoon, please come to the
<http://www.169barnyc.com/169%20Bar/Home.html> 169 Bar  in lower Manhattan
at 9pm to hear a new cooperative group, TimePeace, with Jamie Baum, Cameron
Brown and Jeff Hirschfield (one set only).

UPCOMING EVENTS ( <http://www.robertajazz.com/itinerary.html> see our web
site itinerary page for more details)

September 24th : 21st Century Schizoid Music. You’ll want to save Monday
September 24 for a special performance at Cornelia Street Café featuring the
<http://www.robertajazz.com/nabokov.html> Nabokov Project, as well as music
by Frederick Piket, and the Roberta Piket Trio.

21st Century Schizoid Music is a series curated by Frank Oteri devoted to
musicians with

multiple stylistic identities. Each Schizoid gig presents 2 sets showcasing
both halves of the

featured musician's split identity. “If there are connections between the
various strands of music

we are each making, they are for the audience to decide!”

Click  <http://www.robertajazz.com/pdf/schizoid.pdf> here for a PDF with
more details.

Don’t want to leave Brooklyn? I’ll be at Two Boots playing some very cool
music with tenor saxophonist/composer Glenn White’s group this Friday August
17 gearing up for an upcoming CD recording.

August 24/25 in Washington DC. I’ll be performing with the cooperative
group, TimePeace, with Jamie Baum, Cameron Brown and Jeff Hirschfield at
Twins. If you have friends in DC please send them our way. If they’d like to
get on our mailing list they can  <mailto:%20roberta at robertajazz.com> email
us or go to the web site’s  <http://robertajazz.com/contact.html> contact
page.

West Coast Tour. In the fall Ratzo, Billy and I will be up and down the West
coast from Seattle, WA, where we were invited to return to the Earshot
Festival for the second year in a row(!), to San Diego and lots of points in
between. For details visit our  <http://www.robertajazz.com/itinerary.html>
itinerary page. Please pass this info on to your friends on the West coast.
If they’d like to get on our mailing list they can
<mailto:%20roberta at robertajazz.com> email us or go to the web site’s
<http://robertajazz.com/contact.html> contact page.

Europe. Plans are in the works for a return to Europe in the late fall.
We’ll keep you posted.

Love and Beauty CD available via download. In addition to purchasing Love
and Beauty through  <http://cdbaby.com/cd/rpt> CDBaby.com, you can
<http://www.robertajazz.com/rptrio.html> download the whole CD at our
website at a very attractive price. The download includes the liner notes.
You can also download individual tracks at
<http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=2053
86191> itunes. Of course each of those links will also allow you to sample
the music for free.

We’re using a new email system. Most of you are receiving this message
through this system. If you have any problems with this email, please let us
know by replying. Thanks for your support.

If you’d like to be removed, just reply and let us know.