[members-announce] Happy Thanksgiving from Ron Kaplan, Kapland Records, & GreatAmericanSongbook.org

kaplandisc at aol.com kaplandisc at aol.com
Wed Nov 26 16:49:26 EST 2008

Greetings One and All…

Happy Thanksgiving…

Wishing everyone blessings, good health, and good fortune
this holiday season.

A few announcements on behalf of Kapland Records and
American Songbook Preservation Society.

Kapland Records has released: Singing the Great American
Songbook, a live performance CD from a benefit concert recorded at Kuumbwa Jazz
Center featuring singer Ron Kaplan, pianist Marshall Otwell, and bassist Stan
Poplin.

All proceeds from the sale go to
GreatAmericanSongbook.org on behalf of our mission: To preserve our cultural
legacy known as the Great American Songbook, by presenting this music to the
public at home and abroad as Ambassadors of Song.

It is available @ http://cdbaby.com/kaplan8

In addition, a live DVD of our first Los Angeles benefit
concert recorded on Mother’s Day 2008 is available featuring 15 singers with a
wonderful rhythm section in support of our organization. Write us at 9051-A
Soquel Drive Aptos, Ca. 95003 or email @ info at greatamericansongbook.org
for a copy with your donation of $20 or more. The film is 1:17 in length and is
a testament to the great works of this repertoire and the fine interpretations
from these Artists!

A subsequent documentary film is in the work
s with
interviews from several of these Singers as to why this music is important and
how we can keep this music in front of the public for future generations to
come to know and to love. Keep an eye on 2009 for new developments and news http://www.greatamericansongbook.org/news.htm

We look forward to building out our website in 2009 as a
resource and destination to learn more about the Comp
osers, Lyricists, Singers
and Songs from this truly American music.

You can make a difference toward recognition of our cause
just by voting for Ron Kaplan @ http://www.tribeofnoise.com/ronkaplan
Click on all of the stars in conjunction with the onebillionfans.com promotion.
THANK YOU!

Finally…just for fun, visit http://www.ronkaplan.com/acting.htm
to view some clips from recent acting adventures from Ron Kaplan…Actor out on
loan.

I am currently involved in some new projects that will be
out in 2009 as well.

Thank you for your support.

Ron Kaplan

Kapland Records

…in jazz we trust

Love All Be All

 Tis the season to save your money!  Get the new AOL Holiday Toolbar for money saving offers and gift ideas.