[members-announce] New Edition of The Independent Ear

Willard Jenkins muzikmuse at comcast.net
Thu Oct 30 13:05:30 EDT 2008

The latest edition of The Independent Ear is now posted at
www.openskyjazz.com <http://www.openskyjazz.com/> .  Contents include:

The first installment in a series of anecdotes from the forthcoming book
African Rhythms: The autobiography of (NEA Jazz Master pianist-composer)
Randy Weston, composed by Randy Weston, arranged by Willard Jenkins (Duke
University Press)

Our interview is the latest in our ongoing series of women in the music,
this time marking the return of pianist-composer Sumi Tonooka

The return to the DC area of the Jenkins Family leads off as we wind down
what for the moment is one of the swan song editions of our New Orleans
Diary, including our decidedly less-than-harrowing evacuation from Hurricane
Gustav.

Please read on. and as usual, your comments are always welcome.  And as a
very clever New Orleans bumper sticker urges: GeauxBama!

Peace,

Willard Jenkins

www.openskyjazz.com <http://www.openskyjazz.com/>

Home of The Independent Ear