[members-announce] American Songbook Preservation Society News!

info at greatamericansongbook.org info at greatamericansongbook.org
Thu Oct 30 16:50:56 EDT 2008

Greetings one and all from Ronald Kaplan, executive director of American
Songbook Preservation Society!

Our Mission: To preserve our cultural treasure known as the Great American
Songbook by presenting this music to the public at home and abroad as
Ambassadors of Song.

Please join us in our fund-raising efforts to achieve our goal of $10,000 by
year end.
We have some very special opportunities for you to do so.
We are a 501 (C) (3) not-for-profit charitable organization, and so your
donations are tax-deductible. You may donate online by check or credit card
@ http://www.greatamericansongbook.org/make_a_donation.htm

You can also send us a check directly to American Songbook Preservation
Society, 9051-A Soquel Drive Aptos, California 95003. You will receive an
acknowledgement receipt promptly.
Our Federal Tax ID #56-2410339. You may also reach us by phone,
831) 687-0278 or by email, info at greatamericansongbook.org

Our year end goal will enable us to complete and disseminate our 2 film
projects that include our Mother’s Day concert featuring 15 of L.A’s finest
Singers and a documentary film about our mission and purpose to keep this
music out in front of the public for the next 100 years and beyond.

For those of you in the San Francisco bay area, we have a wonderful
opportunity to see a zany and delightful one man show by the extremely
talented  Mark Nadler, entitled Russian on the Side. This 90 minute show is
an amusing, educational, fast paced romp through the 1941 song, Tschaikowsky
(and Other Russians) written by Kurt Weill with lyrics by Ira Gershwin from
the 1941 classic Broadway musical Lady in the Dark, which also became a
Hollywood music film featuring Danny Kaye in both productions.
http://www.russianonthesideonline.com

We have 10 tickets for this show to offer in appreciation for your donation
on any Tuesday through Thursday November 4-6th & 11-13th, so please act
fast! You don’t want to miss this.

We are also offering an amazing opportunity to participate in a worldwide,
live, online auction on Friday, Saturday & Sunday, November 7, 8 & 9 in
support of GreatAmericanSongbook.org  presented by CliftonAuctions.com. We
receive 20% of your accepted bid items in support of our mission.

The items include many works of Art, including Marc Chagall, Picasso and
many more. There is a large selection of “certified” fine jewelry including
diamonds, rubies, emeralds, Rolex watches, and so much more.You will find
our charity auction on behalf of American Songbook Preservation Society @
http://www.proxibid.com/cliftonauctions and enter Great American Songbook.

Finally, all profits from the sale of the newly released, American Songbook
Preservation Society...Singing the Great American Songbook,will go to our
organization.
This live benefit concert recorded at Kuumbwa Jazz Center in Santa Cruz by
singer Ron Kaplan, pianist Marshall Otwell and basist Stan Poplin is
available now @ http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/kaplan8
We will you send a reminder email as we get closer to the auction In the
meantime
thank you for your support!

Ronald Kaplan
http://www.greatamericansongbook.org/news.htm