[members-announce] Fresh content

Willard Jenkins muzikmuse at comcast.net
Wed Aug 12 13:27:45 EDT 2009

Visit The Independent Ear at www.openskyjazz.com/blog for new content:

*	Part 7 in the ongoing series Ain't But a Few of Us: African American
music writers telling their story; our current contributor is Harlemite HERB
BOYD (also scroll down for pt. 5 with Janine Coveney, and pt. 6 with Ron
Scott in case you missed those installments).  Next up: Martin Johnson.

*	Go Crate Diving with pianist-composer Ethan Iverson of The Bad Plus
as he inaugurates an occasional new Q&A series with dedicated and intrepid
vinyl Lp seekers, defying our digital age.  (And if you're a dedicated Crate
Diver we'd love to include your insights.)

*	Part one of a Q&A with South African master pianist-educator Hotep
Idris Galeta.

*	The latest playlists from the Ancient Future radio program.

Next time: another excerpt from African Rhythms, the forthcoming (Duke
University Press) autobiography of NEA Jazz Master Randy Weston.  That's The
Independent Ear at www.openskyjazz.com/blog...

Peace,

Willard Jenkins

www.openskyjazz.com <http://www.openskyjazz.com/>