[members-announce] Fresh new content posted

muzikmuse at comcast.net muzikmuse at comcast.net
Thu Dec 10 16:06:17 EST 2009

The following are new postings at The Independent Ear ( www.openskyjazz.com/blog ), including a real Chi-town flavor with contributions from three creative Chicagoans...

    • "In the name of art I have been victimized yes, but I refuse, in the name of art, to be a victim..."  The words of the fiercely uncompromising and independent young AACM alto saxophonist MATANA ROBERTS in our conversation on subjects ranging from creative music journalists to the audience for experimental music...  Part one of her contributions to The  Independent Ear...

    • "The thought occurred to me that Black folks should be in control of their own culture and how it is appraised and critically approached..." Just part of the dialogue from writer RAHSAAN CLARK MORRIS in his contribution to our ongoing series of dialogues with black music writers "Ain't But a Few of Us"...

    • "I want to link children and adults in a very basic, yet complex manner.  I want to magnify the links and overlap of play and work, laughter and seriousness, esoteric and generic, ethereal and pragmatism..."   Just a fragment of the many provocative thoughts & thoroughly unique projects of a true original, AACM saxophonist-composer-visual artist-instrument maker-conceptualist DOUGLAS EWART ...

    • Some observations on the gentle aging of jazz masters and how they are unique in our throwaway culture...

...And Ancient Future radio playlists...

Peace,

Willard Jenkins

www.openskyjazz.com

Home of The Independent Ear