[members-announce] Ron Kaplan, Kapland Records and American Songbook Preservation Society

kaplandisc at aol.com kaplandisc at aol.com
Mon Dec 14 13:04:27 EST 2009

Greetings one and all…
Happy Holidays and New Year too!

A few updates from Ron Kaplan, Kapland Records andAmerican Songbook Preservation Society.

I’m happy to report that I will be appearing at KuumbwaJazz Center on Thursday, January 7, 2010 http://kuumbwajazz.org/concerts/010710.htmand will be performing the repertoire from my recording entitled New York. Ihad the opportunity to perform this material in NYC this summer at Feinstein’s.It was great fun.  If you love NY, youwill love this evening of New York songs!

I am also happy to report that we have completed thedocumentary film entitled Words and Music on behalf of American SongbookPreservation Society. You can watch the short film version on our website andif you like make a donation in support of our efforts.  http://greatamericansongbook.org/videoMessage.html
We have been receiving play on Community TV of Santa CruzCounty as a PSA.
The film is a companion piece to our 15-singer concertDVD of 2008 in Los Angeles.
If you would like to make a tax-deductible donationbefore year-end, I promise we will make good use of it. http://greatamericansongbook.org/make_a_donation.htm
Thank you for your support!

Lastly…I wanted to share this brief trailer for a filmentitled Jake’s Dead that I had the opportunity to play a Newscaster in earlierthis year. It will be released in June 2010. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3zmjRUVrDg

Wishing each and every one of you good health, happiness,and good fortune.

…in jazz we trust
RonKaplan
www.ronkaplan.com
www.greatamericansongbook.org