[members-announce] Release of "Only Moment" CD from Rozanne Levine & Chakra Tuning

Rozanne Levine romarkable at verizon.net
Wed Jun 3 13:17:29 EDT 2009

Dear Fellow JJA members,

We at Acoustics are excited to announce the release of ONLY MOMENT,
the debut CD from Rozanne Levine & Chakra Tuning...

Scheduled for release on June 1, 2009, Only Moment is already garnering
acclaim – called "gorgeous" and "amazing" by Massimo Ricci of Touching
Extremes, and "completely sublime", "exquisite" and "quite magical" by Bruce
Lee Gallanter, Downtown Music Gallery (more from Massimo and Bruce below).

ONLY MOMENT features Rozanne Levine on alto clarinet, clarinet and
compositions, with long-time band mate MARK WHITECAGE on clarinet, soprano
saxophone and electronics.  Adding their totally original voices are
clarinetist PERRY ROBINSON and violinist/vocalist ROSI HERTLEIN.  Rozanne
Levine’s compositions form the thematic material from which the musicians
improvise.  Electronic manipulation plays a part in the group sound, as do
bird whistles, ocarinas, half horns, and percussion.

Rozanne brings her love of improvisational spontaneity and organic, subtly
shifting sounds to the fore through the vehicle of Chakra Tuning.  Sonic
conversations emerge and develop as the group explores textures, sonorities
and space.  The music of Chakra Tuning weaves in and out of melodies,
exploring rhythms, moods and inner space in a transforming, unfolding
journey.

You can read more about Rozanne and hear audio clips from ONLY MOMENT at the
Acoustics web site:
http://www.erjn.it/mus/whitecage.htm

ONLY MOMENT is currently distributed through the following outlets – more to
be added:

CD BABY (both CD and MP3 download) -
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/levinetuning

THE JAZZ LOFT -
http://www.jazzloft.com/p-49898-only-moment.aspx

DOWNTOWN MUSIC GALLERY -
http://search2.downtownmusicgallery.com/lookup.cgi?item=2009_04_24_00_26_48

THE BOP SHOP -
http://www.bopshop.com/

ACOUSTICS
http://www.erjn.it/mus/whitecage.htm

More on ONLY MOMENT from Massimo Ricci and Bruce Lee Gallanter:

"As soon as one spins Only Moment - the latest offering from Rozanne
Levine's Chakra Tuning - the room is pervaded by presences resembling
spirits of wellbeing. Right away, the clarity of every note played, the
consistency of the amalgamation among the musicians and a sense of shared
endeavor for the abolishment of narrow-mindedness contribute to a private
feeling of enjoyment which is absolutely not based on something "easing the
nerves", or plain silly. With each listen we find ourselves perseveringly
intent in attempting a veritable penetration of every sound, like if the
completion of the experience depended on a full understanding of any single
acoustic event. The music comes out smoothly and extremely physically at
once, influenced by so many things – natural occurrences, bird talking,
native Indian chants, theatre – that the tracks might represent different
segments of a being’s life cycle, and I’m writing this without the fear of
sounding nonsensically hippy or esoterically lost in nowhereland, my skill
in distinguishing between counterfeit illuminations and sober practices of
inside connectivity rigorously trained as ever.

Levine is flanked by Perry Robinson, Mark Whitecage and Rosi Hertlein.
Listening to these artists reveal their fundamental nature through the full
command of the instruments is just amazing. All kinds of clarinets,
saxophones, ocarinas, bird whistles and percussion are utilized by the
nominal leader and her long-time male companions, while Hertlein - a mean
violinist – also sings and handles additional percussive chores with the
same nimbleness. The artists' technique might be admirable, and indeed it
is. But what really wins for me is the sort of opposition to hopelessness
that this gorgeous recording generates as early as the circulation of the
first notes in the air. Coming from a hard-boiled mankind-disparager like
yours truly, this should give you something to chew over."
 - Massimo Ricci, Touching Extremes

"The first piece, 'Blues Lullaby in F' is a lovely, somber piece for solo
clarinet which I found to be completely sublime.  'Thunder Talks' begins
with just subtle percussion, ocarina, voice and other exquisite earthy
sounds.  It has an organic elegance that I find to be ever so fine, like
meditating on the sounds of the forest.  On 'Lost Freedoms' we hear a few
layers of clarinets that sound orchestral, with superb harmonies.  There is
a unique blend and sound here that is quite magical. Perhaps it is the
subtle electronics that Mark Whitecage employs that makes this so special.
Although each clarinet is distinct with its own sound, the combination of
three strong players makes this a particularly wonderful tapestry."
 - Bruce Lee Gallanter, Downtown Music Gallery
================================

For more information, bookings, distributor inquiries, review copies (pls
include postal mail address and affiliation) and any questions, please
contact Rozanne at Acoustics, romarkable at verizon.net.

========
Rozanne Levine
Co-Director