[members-announce] New Independent Ear content

Willard Jenkins muzikmuse at comcast.net
Fri Mar 13 14:04:53 EDT 2009

New Content in The Independent Ear webzine at www.openskyjazz.com
<http://www.openskyjazz.com/> :

*	Anecdote #4 from the forthcoming book African Rhythms: the
as-told-to autobiography of Randy Weston by Willard Jenkins

*	The complete lineup for the upcoming 30th anniversary Tri-C JazzFest
(Cleveland, OH)

*	Playlists for Ancient Future, the radio program

*	A new Artist's P.O.V.: the latest installment in our ongoing series
of artist conversations focuses on pianist-composer Ethan Iverson of The Bad
Plus

*	The complete lineup for Tribeca Performing Arts Center's 2009 Lost
Jazz Shrines concert series; this season we focus on the late, lamented
Bradley's

*	A review of Dream Lucky, Roxanne Orgill's fascinating new book
taking us back to the late 1930s on a journey through the Reno Club and a
nascent Count Basie, the White House and Roosevelt era contrasts between FDR
and Eleanor, and to Harlem's famed Savoy Ballroom Goodman vs. Webb battles
of the bands

*	The Monday Night big band tradition, with recent sightings of the
Mingus Big Band, the Vanguard Jazz Orchestra (not at the Vanguard but on the
road in Columbia, MO!), and percussionist-composer Adam Rudolph's large
ensemble project

.and as always, your feedback is welcomed and encouraged.

Peace,

Willard Jenkins

www.openskyjazz.com <http://www.openskyjazz.com/>

Home of The Independent Ear