[members-announce] RonKaplan & Kapland Records / GreatAmericanSongbook.org News

kaplandisc at aol.com kaplandisc at aol.com
Mon May 25 13:46:30 EDT 2009

Greetings one and all...

NYC: Ron Kaplan sings New York!  July 10th & 11th 2009

FEINSTEIN'S at the Regency Hotel (540 Park Avenue, NYC - 212-339-4095 )

Great American Songbook Preservationist and classic-jazz-standards
singer Ron Kaplan is making a rare concert appearance in New York City
to present his “New York Song Collection” (a select group of songs
taken from his album entitled New York).

Singer Ron Kaplan keeps the flame burning brightly to illuminate jazz
standards, the Great American Songbook and the classic sound of singers
of the Fifties. The epitome of a "saloon singer," Kaplan has a rich,
warm voice that literally cocoons the listener within the cozy
atmosphere of images it creates. www.ronkaplan.com

Ron Kaplan is an original personality in the world of jazz vocalists
and he has managed to put his name into that previously closed inner
circle. He has breathed new life into it by the sheer force of his
style, for as you know, “the style is the man himself”. The Velvet
Crooner and the elegant power of his seemingly casual phrasing is in
fact, ultra-tight and perfectly seductive… Jean Szlamowicz, Jazz Hot

In addition to his career as a concert performer and recording artist,
Kaplan also is the founder and executive director of American Songbook
Preservation Society, a non-profit organiza
tion whose mission statement
is: "To preserve our cultural treasure known as the Great American
Songbook by performing this music to the public at home and abroad as
Ambassadors of Song.”  www.greatamericansongbook.org

This very special musical fanfare will be a NY evening to remember. Ron
is delighted to bring this recording to Feinstein’s Loews Regency under
the musical direction of Steinway Artist and New Yorker Pete
Malinverni. www.petemalinverni.com

                Jul 10, 2009 at 8:30 PM EDT, Jul 11, 2009 at 8:30 PM EDT, tickets $25-$40 or ticket web

  Ron Kaplan Sings New York   Buy   - New York, NY $33.09 - $49.85

Making
his New York visit even more special, Kaplan will perform some these
New York Songs and talk about this classic material on one of the
city’s top talk shows, “The Joey Reynolds Show” (on WOR 710 and
nationally-syndicated) http://www.wor710.com/

                on Thursday, July 9th, starting after midnight.

Hollywood Squares

Click on the squares to view Ronald’s latest work as an Actor out on loan…

http://www.ronkaplan.com/acting.htm

Ron Kaplan Best

The 2 disc CD was re
leased in China December 11, 2008 and is available online from YesAsia.com

                http://www.yesasia.com/us/ron-kaplan-best-korea-version/1013766648-0-0-cssid.10-en/recommendation.html

American Songbook Preservation Society

Work
is progressing on our documentary film to make our case for why the
music of the 20th century known as the Great American Songbook is
important and what we can do to keep the music going for future
generations. This is a companion project to our Los Angeles benefit
concert, including interviews with 8 of the 15 singers who
participated. The concert DVD is available for a donation of $20.

                http://greatamericansongbook.org/ASPS_LA_BenefitConcert2008.htm

On another note…

Our
application to the National Endowment for the Humanities to build an
elaborate website detailing the history of the music, it’s Composers
and Lyricists was found to have merit although we did not receive
funding for the 2009 granting period. If you would like to support our
mission and organization, your charitable donations and support are
greatly appreciated. http://greatamericansongbook.org/make_a_donation.htm

We
now have an opportunity to collaborate with the Michael Feinstein
Foundation for the preservation of the Great American Songbook in
pursuit20of our mutual goals in keeping the music going through
education and performance. We look forward to endowing our organization
to develop our programs to a greater extent, and rise to the occasion
to fulfill our mission on a national and international scale. You can
play a part in making this happen!

In appreciation,

                  RonKaplan

LoveAllBeAll