[members-announce] New Postings

Willard Jenkins muzikmuse at comcast.net
Tue Nov 17 13:18:59 EST 2009

The following are new postings at The Independent Ear
(www.openskyjazz.com/blog):

*        A new installment of our ongoing dialogue with African American
music writers "Ain't But a Few of Us," from triple-threat Gregory Thomas.

*        An appreciation of Amiri Barka @ 75 from Robin D.G. Kelley, author
of the very rewarding new book Thelonious Monk: The Life and Times of an
American Original (pub. Free Press); and Baraka's influence on Kelley's Monk
journey.

*        Ron Scott explores Baraka's new compilation Digging.

*        An editorial in our ongoing jazz audience development dialogue.

*        Go "Crate Digging" with record producer/vinyl dealer-social
activist-broadcaster Tom Porter.

.And playlists from the most recent editions of the "Ancient Future" radio
program

Peace,

Willard Jenkins

www.openskyjazz.com <http://www.openskyjazz.com/>